Research & Development Centre performs a range of research activities that are related to the behaviour and activities of drivers, vehicles and road infrastructure.
The Research & Development Centre at the AMZS Safe Driving Centre began its work in 2011. The basic mission of the Research & Development Centre is to:
- research the psychological, social and technical factors related to road safety,
- to spread information about road safety, and
- to increase the level of knowledge about road safety in Slovenia.
In the context of this mission, the Centre performs a range of research activities that are related to the behaviour and activities of drivers, vehicles and road infrastructure. This includes researching different aspects relating to the culture of driving in Slovenia, e.g. alcohol consumption, speeding, vehicle safety compliance with technical specifications.
In the framework of our research, we carry out the following activities:
- psychophysical measurements (i.e. reaction time in real traffic situations),
- measuring technical aspects of vehicles (i.e. carbon dioxide emissions),
- assessing the effectiveness of penalty point removal courses and other courses that are designed to reduce road crashes at a national level,
- assessing the quality of courses that are offered by AMZS,
- developing methodologies for the measuring, monitoring and analysis of demographic, statistical and research data related to road user behaviour,
- providing the professional and general public with up to date information about road safety issues.
The Research & Development Centre of the AMZS Safe Driving Centre shares its professional insights and research work with several international institutions; these include universities, institutes, and associations in Europe, that are involved in researching and understanding road user behaviour.
Do you need more information?
Call our free number +386 80 26 36 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.